Roasted Beet Hummus
New Recipe from Sheila Inman
|1/2 medium||Roasted Beet|
|Balsamic Vinegar (1/2 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove of crushed garlic, 1 Teaspoon ground mustard, 1 pinch of salt, and 1 pinch of pepper)|
|1 15 oz||Chickpeas|
|1 Tsp||White Balsamic Vinegar|
Hello, Angels Working on Earth Family!
Try garnishing the hummus with 2-3 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced on a diagonal, or garnish 1/2 cup cooked rice or cooked quinoa (or use leftover hummus and place over rice or quinoa).
You can also grab some already cooked rice or quinoa from the prepared food section at the grocery store and change this into an entirely different meal.
Beans and rice!
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl to let the garlic, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper marinate while you prep the hummus.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Peel and slice the beets into ½ inch wedges.
- Place the beets into a baking dish. Drizzle oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until beets is tender.
- Puree beets, olive oil, and vinegar in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas into a strainer.
- Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of the food processor.
- Process the hummus until it becomes exceptionally smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. If the hummus is thicker than you like, blend in more chickpea liquid to make it creamier.
- Add puree beets to hummus and blend well
- Garnish with olive oil and pink Himalayan Sea salts.
Healthy Vegan Ideas