Keto Cheesy Mexican Taco Skillet
A recipe from Sheila Inman of AWE-Health Styles
|1 1/2||Cheddar Cheese|
|1||Riced cauliflower or zucchini|
|1||Diced yellow onion|
|1 cup||Cherry tomato or salsa|
|1||Ground Slim Jim|
|1 tbsp||Chilli powder|
|2 tbsp||Onion powder|
|1 teaspoon||Garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon||Dried Oregano|
|Himalayan Salt to taste|
Hi, Angels Working on Earth Family!
This recipe is a success! The cheese, Slim Jim, and riced cauliflower give the dish so much flavor and texture. The interesting twist is to use Birds Eye Riced Cauliflower. The surprise is the Monster Slim Jim. I chose “Keto Cheesy Mexican Taco Skillet.” It is effortless and quick! And it tastes good too.
The cauliflowers gave the dish a smooth and flaky texture, lite. It wasn’t too chunky, and it was perfect! I added Birds Eye Riced Cauliflower to balance the cheese and give the dish a healthy balance. The second twist involved what’s in your pantry challenge. I had a Monster Slim Jim in my pantry, so my mission was to create a dish that would complement the Slim Jim.
I pulsed 1/2 of a Monster Slim Jim and added to the ground turkey as it browned. I didn’t think it would be tasty, but it was perfect. This challenge was all about using your creativity! To think outside that box! The recipe turned out well because all of the ingredients complemented one another.
1. Prep the Vegetables by dicing them all into bite-size pieces or smaller.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown 1 Pound of Grass-Fed Ground Beef or ground turkey. Add in ground Slim Jim to taste.
3. Brown the meat; add in the Yellow onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and zucchini, then stir and cook for a few minutes.
4. Next, add the cherry tomatoes and jalapeno pepper, then stir and cook for a couple of minutes before adding in the seasoning.
5. You could use chili powder, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, dried oregano, and a bit of Pink Himalayan Salt to season the food.
6. Stir in the seasoning and cook for about 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
7. Shred the cheddar cheese, sprinkled it on top of the skillet mixture, and let it melt while the food is still hot.
8. Optionally, you can garnish the dish with a topping of Shredded Iceberg Lettuce, Green Onions or even add things like Sour Cream to kick up the flavor to your liking.
You may see a demonstration of this recipe on my YouTube Chanel. I hope you enjoy the recipe; please like, share and subscribe!
MORE FOR YOU
Healthy Vegan Ideas