Black Bean Hummus
May 14, 2022
New Recipe from Sheila Inman
|5 Tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1 Can||Black Beans|
|2 1/2 Tsp||Lemon Juice|
Hi Angels Working on Earth Family
Today’s dish is black bean hummus. Everything is so fresh and cute in this jar! I always enjoy making dishes like this because they are healthy and easy to make. The jars add a nice touch. The dish is well packed and beautifully presented.
This was also delicious. The garlic and cayenne give the recipe a peppery flavor and contrast well with the flavor of the Hummus.
Prep time will be around 20 minutes or so. If you prep your ingredients ahead of time, then it is quick!
1. Roast garlic in a 425-degree oven.
2. Place garlic on aluminum foil, and season with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Roast for 25 – 30 minutes and let cool.
4. Drain and rinse the black-eyed peas into a strainer.
5. Combine the black-eyed peas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, and roasted garlic in the bowl of the food processor.
6. Process the hummus until it becomes exceptionally smooth, about 5 minutes.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings. If the hummus is thicker than you like, blend in more chickpea liquid to make it creamier.
8. Garnish with olive oil, black beans, chopped parsley, and minced carrots.