May 14, 2022
New Recipe from Sheila Inman
|1/2 Medium||Grated Carrots|
|1 1/2 Cups||Chickpeas|
|2 Tsp||Olive Oil|
Hi Angels Working on Earth Family,
Grab some cooked brown rice. Frozen brown rice also works, defrost it first. Any white rice can also be substituted if you prefer. The idea is to switch things up! Use the hummus as a condiment or a topping on any protein or grain. Two meals in one.
If you like savory flavors, then add Tamari. Tamari is gluten-free soy sauce and tastes just like regular soy sauce and is an alternative to regular table salt! Substitute low-sodium soy sauce if desired.
- Place the grated carrots in a mixing bowl.
- Puree carrots, olive oil, and spices in a food processor
- or blender until smooth.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas into a strainer.
- Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of the food processor.
- Process the hummus until it becomes exceptionally smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. If the hummus is thicker than you like, blend in more chickpea liquid to make it creamier.
- Combine carrot puree, olive oil, turmeric to hummus in a bowl.
- Blend until well combined.
- Garnish with olive oil and turmeric.
Healthy Vegan Ideas