BRANDS, FASHIONS, LIFESTYLE + VEGAN + VEGETARIAN + GLUTEN FREE
A New Sunbasket Recipe!
Introducing Tacos with Cabbage, Slaw, Salsa Roja and Chipotle Yogurt
January 13, 2021
Hi Angels Working on Earth Family!
I’m so excited to share a dish from Sunbasket! The recipe is called “Mojo tacos with shredded cabbage, pickled onions, and salsa Verde.”
I enjoy receiving Sun basket meals each week. This week its Mojo tacos with shredded cabbage, pickled onions, and salsa Verde. I’m so impressed with the ease of making this dish! It took me about 30 -45 minutes; and it so enjoyable. If you read the directions beforehand, then it should take about 30 minutes hour.
The ingredients arrived fresh and well boxed. All I needed to do was unpack and get started. I was pretty confident about preparing this dish because I eat tacos all the time! Plus, the direction was easy to follow. The directions are design to help you get through minor technical gaffes by teaching techniques through culinary words and making sure you have all of the ingredients and tools.
What stood out to me was the flavor of the pork. Soo moist and savory. The slaw was tart and vinegary. Paired with a warm tortilla was ultra-satisfying. Be careful not to overcook the pork so that it retains its natural flavors wonderful texture. The pork is packed with excellent protein and good fats. Imagine eating this with guacamole, spicy salsa and sour cream.
Protein of choice (i.e., pork, beef, fish, beans or etc.), Sunbasket mojo marinade, Mi Rancho Artisan tortillas, Sunbasket pickled onions, organic shredded cabbage, and sunbasket salsa Verde. You will need: Olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper.
Large frying pan, and colander
1. Cook your protein
- Transfer the meat to a plate, pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking.
- Add the meat strips and cook, stirring occasionally until lightly brown and cooked through.
2. Prep the lime and make the cabbage slaw.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- In the medium bowl, stir together the cabbage slaw and apple cider vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Warm the tortillas
- On the stovetop directly over a flame or a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the tortillas, turning once, until just pliable and warmed through, about 30 seconds per side.
- Serve out the tortillas, protein, pickled onions, cabbage, salsa verde, and remaining mojo marinade.