Mini Chicken Pot Pie
Recipe From Sheila Inman AWE-HEALTH STYLES
|3 Cups||Chicken Pieces|
|1 1/2 Tsp||Baking Powder for the crust|
|1/4 Tsp||Salt for crust|
|1/3 Cup||Melted Unsalted Butter|
|3 Tsp||Butter for crust|
|1/3 Cup||Butter for the filling|
|1/3 Cup||Chopped Onion|
|2/3 Cup||Milk or cream for the crust|
|1 Bag||Peas & Carrots|
Hi, Angels Working On Earth Family,
This was so much fun! To make mini pot pies, divide the ingredients into portions based on the number of guests.
- Crust: This is for just a top crust. If you would like a top and bottom, double the recipe.
- Combine dry ingredients and cut in butter until it resembles small peas.
- Add milk all at once and stir to moisten.
- Pour out onto a floured surface and knead about 8 times.
- Roll into the desired shape, depending on if you are using a round or square casserole dish.
- If you are making two crusts, make sure you roll the bottom one larger.
- Filling: Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Stir in flour, chopped onions, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until the mixture is bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in broth and milk.
- Put back over heat and heat to boiling, constantly stirring for a couple of minutes, until thickened.
- Chicken and frozen peas and carrots into the mixture and combine.
- Remove from heat.
- Putting it together: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour chicken mixture into a 2-quart casserole (lined with one crust if you want a bottom crust).
- Lay crust over and press into the inside edges of the dish.
- Make a couple of slits in the center of the crust with a sharp knife.
- If you are doing a top and bottom crust, crimp edges to seal.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.