Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Crust: 1 cup flour, 11/2 baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, unsalted butter, 3 tbsp butter, and 1/3 cup milk or cream. Filling: 1/3 cup butter, 1/31/4 cup flour, 1/3 chopped onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 13/4 chicken broth, 2/3 milk, 3 cups chicken pieces, and 1 bag peas & carrots.
- Crust: This is for just a top crust. If you would like a top and bottom, double the recipe.
- Combine dry ingredients and cut in butter until it resembles small peas.
- Add milk all at one and stir to moisten.
- Pour out onto a floured surface and knead about 8 times.
- Roll into the desired shape, depending on if you are using a round or square casserole dish.
- If you are making two crusts, make sure you roll the bottom one larger.
- Filling: Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Stir in flour, chopped onions, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until mixture is bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in broth and milk.
- Put back over heat and heat to boiling, constantly stirring for a couple of minutes, until thickened.
- Chicken and frozen peas and carrots into the mixture and combine.
- Remove from heat.
- Putting it together: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour chicken mixture into a 2-quart casserole (lined with one crust if you want a bottom crust).
- Lay crust over and press into the inside edges of the dish.
- Make a couple of slits in the center of the crust with a sharp knife.
- If you are doing a top and bottom crust, crimp edges to seal.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.
To make mini pot pies, then divide the ingredients into portions based on the number of guests.