Basil & Cashew Pasta
- 3 portions of pasta or brown rice pasta
- 100g cashews
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 ½ lemons
- 25g fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place 50g of the cashews into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds. Toast them in a frying pan until they are golden brown. Sprinkle on top of the pasta as garnish.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients, except the pasta in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add water as needed.
- Toss your pasta with blended ingredients and sprinkle with the toasted cashews.
I did not use nutritional yeast in this recipe as it has an after taste to me. You may notice non traditional ingredients in my recipes. Rather, I may add a mix of non plant based ingredients to give flavor. Instead of using nutritional yeast, I added about 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese to give an otherwise bland dish flavor.
Lemons give the dish a bit of tartness, so I suggest add less lemons if you don’t like tartness. Instead add a bit of water or even vegetable stock to the dish. Flavor is everything. Experiment and taste as you go.