Roasted Tomato Hummus
Hello Angels Working On Earth Family!
Have you ever thought about adding nuts to hummus? Not your regular pine nuts, but something uniquely different? How about nut butter? Conventional peanuts are stored in large drums and are susceptible to mold. Use organic peanut butter, or substitute with almond butter, cashew butter, or sun butter (sunflower seed butter) for a nut-free alternative.
- 1/2 cup of fire-roasted tomatoes and 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 sprigs of thyme or seasonings 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas into a strainer.
- Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, cilantro, thyme, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in the bowl of the food processor.
- Process the hummus until it becomes exceptionally smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- If the hummus is thicker than you like, blend in more chickpea liquid to make it creamier.
- Garnish with olive oil, chopped cilantro, and fire-roasted tomatoes.
Healy Vegan Ideas