Old Fashioned Hummus
HELLO ANGELS WORKING ON EARTH FAMILY!
Before you make the hummus, prepare some quinoa. Garnish your hummus with quinoa to give it a little snap! Be sure to flavor the hummus well because it can be a neutral flavor! I find it is best to prepare the quinoa separately to give it time to settle.
If you cook quinoa ahead of time, then know it can be prepared up to 3 days in advance.
Just keep it covered in the refrigerator.
- 1 15 ½ oz can chickpeas
- 1 large lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½cup tahini, well mixed
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste.
- ¼tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil Paprika to taste
- Combine tahini, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, olive oil, in
- a bowl of a food processor and season with salt.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas into a strainer. Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and cumin in the bowl of the food processor.
- Process the hummus until it becomes exceptionally smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. If the hummus is thicker than you like, blend in more chickpea liquid to make it creamier.
- Drizzle with olive oil. This time garnish with your favorite Spices.
Healthy Vegan Ideas