EASY HEALTHY RECIPES + LUNCH/DINNER + QUICK HEALTHY MEALS
How to Build AWE-SOME Bowls!
14 June 2021
AWE HEALTH BOWLS
Hi Angels Working On Earth Family!
Be gutsy and eat with your gut health in mind. Enjoy living a healthy life that is full of variety and deliciousness! Life doesn’t have to be time-consuming or complicated. Bowls are one of the most healthy foods to make. Plus, they are beautiful. Bring your creative and artistic flair to life. Do you think food is art? I have seen some beautiful bowls. Some worthy of hanging on my wall. Let’s get started creating!
First, I want to educate you about how nourishing bowls can be. A nutritious bowl is a balanced and nutrient-dense meal. A meal that lets you be creative and build on flavors that you love and use ingredients you have in the fridge and pantry.
We are going to make healthy bowls a staple at AWE! I challenge you to make your creative bowl and post it. How do you make a bowl? All you need to do is combine greens, colorful veggies, protein, quality carbohydrates, and good fats. Be sure you are getting plenty of antioxidants, fiber, and essential macronutrients to fuel your body. Below is a road map that will guide you and help you make nourishing choices.
We are developing a new “Love Your Self To Wellness e-book.” This time we will include AWE-HEALTH BOWLS. This e-book is free to you and will be available soon. In the meantime, check out the “Love Your Self To Wellness Top 9 Hummus Snack Ideas,” available now!
Step one the base.
Let’s start with greens today? Or whatever you like? Think about your daily requirements. Start with 2-3 cups of greens of choice, either fresh or sautéed. Here are some suggestions:
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Baby Spinach
- Boston Lettuce
- Mixed Lettuce
- Kale, chopped
Step two, add some colorful veggies.
Food is art! Not only are bowls extra delicious, but it’s full of earth, wind, and fire elements. Beauty! We must have colorful vegetables. Right? (raw or cooked). Think of it like a rainbow! If you like vibrant colors. Try:
- Fresh cherry tomatoes
- Sliced cucumber
- Red Cabbage, shredded
- Carrots, grated or roasted
- Red onion, diced
- Roasted broccoli
- Roasted spiced cauliflower
- Celery, sliced
- Roasted zucchini strips
- Grilled eggplant strips
- Cauliflower rice
- Roasted Red Peppers
Choose a protein
We need protein! Protein keeps blood sugar levels stable and cravings down. Start with your palm size as a measure and use organic whenever possible. Great options are:
- Chicken or turkey breast
- Grilled fish
- 1 or 2 eggs
- Grass-fed meat (beef or lamb)
- 1 cup of veggie protein (lentils, beans, or a mix)
- Tempeh or tofu (100-150g)
Select a fibrous carb
High-fiber carbs are great for energy. It fuels your tank. Consider approximately ½ a cup cooked. Try:
- Baked sweet potato
- Roasted pumpkin or squash
- Roasted beetroot
- Boiled rice (basmati or brown)
- Boiled quinoa
- Organic lentils or beans
- Sourdough bread, wholegrain or gluten-free (1 slice)
- Wholemeal pasta, brown rice pasta, mung bean pasta
Choose a healthy fat.
Fat is an excellent flavor source as it will help keep you full and satiated. We need fat for skin, hormones, and brain health. Try:
- ¼ – ½ an avocado, sliced or smashed
- Drizzle of flaxseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, or tahini (1 tbsp)
- Sprinkle of roasted almonds or pumpkin seeds (1 tbsp)
- Crumbled feta, goat’s cheese, or vegan cheese alternative (1 tbsp)
- Use extra virgin olive oil for cooking your veggies
Add extra flavor
Creativity is where you can use all four senses! Taste, touch, feel, and hearing. It’s time to pump your bowl up with your favorite spices!
- Add a sprinkle of nutritional yeast
- Use some curry powder to flavor veggies
- Add a pinch of chili flakes
- Top with chopped fresh herbs
- Season with sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Add a sprinkle of mixed spices for extra flavor
- Drizzle lemon juice over your meal
- Lime juice
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE
We organically source all of our materials striving for the lowest footprint possible. Kind to your skin. Kind to the environment.