Braised Collard Greens
- Collard greens, Olive Oil, Soy Sauce, Red Peppers, Red Onions, Hazel Nuts, Ginger, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper, Honey, and Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Separate the tough stems from the tender parts of the collard greens.
- Add olive oil, and ginger to a pan. Heat the ginger on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add red onions and red peppers to the ginger. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the collards to the mix. Mix all ingredients in the pan together until cooked to your desired texture.
- Remember to taste as you go! Add the soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir ingredients until it tastes great and is esthetically appealing!
- Toast the hazelnuts to bring out the flavor. Then, garnish the collards with the toasted nuts!
Too much apple cider vinegar or lemon juice will turn this dish into sauerkraut. Do you want sweet or sour? Have fun!