- Ground turkey, 1 tsp cumin, pepper, 3 tsp turmeric, 1/2 cup red bell-peppers, celery, 1 can black beans, 1 can tomato sauce, scallions, cilantro, olive oil and 1/2 cup mushrooms
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil to taste, mushrooms, red peppers and scallions.
- Cook scallions, celery, mushroom, and red peppers for 1 minute. Add ground turkey, cook until crumbled and brown, add black beans, add garlic powder, and other herbs. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Then add tomato sauce and cilantro. Add an extra dash of Turmeric.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
Chili is one of the most easiest dishes to make. What makes this different? Turmeric. I added an extra dash of Turmeric because I love its vibrant color. Fun fact! Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. Curcumin is also fat soluble, so it may be a good idea to take it with a fatty meal.
If you want to help fight chronic inflammation in terms of prevention, then try Turmeric. Always do the research and speak with your doctor to plan a prevention strategy.
Cooks Essentials Top Picks
My affiliation with Amazon, allows me to offer you products that might further enhance your culinary experience in the kitchen. You may purchase a set of Le Creuset soup bowls by clicking on the link.