Roasted Pork Sheppard’s Pie
- 3/4 marinated roasted pork loin, sliced, 1 cup celery, 1/2 cup peas, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 cup red onions, diced, 1/4 cup parsnips, diced, butter to taste, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup cream, salt to taste, and pepper to taste. Herbs to garnish.
- Pork: Marinade the pork loin, and pan sear until all sides are browned. Place the pork loin in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Cook until juices are bubbling through and meat has a crust on the outside. Make sure the roast is juicy on the inside. Be careful not to over cook!
- Mash Potatoes: Add parmesan cheese, cream, butter, salt and pepper to mash potatoes.
- Add a tsp of olive oil to the pan and heat until oil is sizzling. Add 2 cloves of garlic, diced and let it brown. Add red onions until caramelized. Add celery, carrots, peas, parsnips and sauté for 2 minutes. Next, add 2 Tablespoon of tomato sauce or to taste. Add the roasted pork. Season with thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Place mixture in a baking dish and spread a layer mashed potatoes over on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until mash potatoes are a golden brown.
This was truly comforting! The flavor of the buttery potatoes flavored with cheese and cream was delicious. Consider experimenting with unusual veggies too. I added parsnips because I thought it would be different. Parsnips have a sweet flavor, and are very similar to turnips in texture. Cooking is really about using ingredients that taste good to you and are healthy at the same time.
I found 6 OZ Ramekin Bowls 8 PCS, at Amazon. These ramekins are oven safe, sleek, and porcelain white. They are great to use for puddings, Creme Brulee, custard cups and Soufflés. You may purchase 6 OZ Ramekin Bowls 8 PCS at a reasonable cost at Amazon. These can be used to make mini pies, which are a great idea for weight management.
Cooks Essentials Top Picks
My affiliation with Amazon, allows me to offer you products that might further enhance your culinary experience in the kitchen. You may purchase these soup bowls by clicking on the link.