Braised Turnips and Greens With Bacon
- (Sauce)1tbs minced ginger root, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, 3 tbs brown-rice vinegar, 2tbs.honey and 3 tbs tamari or soy sauce
- (Main Dish) 2 slices of bacon, 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced, 2 pounds turnips, washed and cut into wedges, 1 bunch of collards, chopped, 1 bunch green onions, chopped.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Place bacon in in a large cast iron skillet and render the fat over low heat.
- Add the onions when the bacon begin to brown, add the onions and let them caramelize with the bacon. Turn up the heat to medium and add the turnip wedges. Stir until the Turnips are browned.
- Mix in the greens and the sauce. Stir until the turnips are tender.
Root Vegetables! It’s the flavor that moves me. Turnips have such a rich flavor that is delicious on its own. The recipe calls for greens and bacon. Add those two things and you have a meal. If you prefer not to add the bacon, just know you will have a delicious vegetarian meal, which fills you up.
You may purchase e Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Iron Handle Skillet at a reasonable cost at Amazon. I hope you enjoy cooking with Le Creuset!
Cooks Essential Top Picks
My affiliation with Amazon, allows me to offer you products that might further enhance your culinary experience in the kitchen. You may purchase these mixing bowls by clicking on the link.Todays Pick Duralex Made In France Lys Stackable 9-Piece Bowl Set,Clear