- 1 Pounds Ground Turkey, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, 1 diced red bell pepper, 1 diced green bell pepper, 1 riced cauliflower or zucchini, 1 diced yellow onion, 1 cup cherry tomatoes or salsa, 1/2 ground Slim Jim, 1 Jalapeno pepper, 1 tbsp chili powder, 2 tbsp onion powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp dried oregano, and 1/2 pink Himalayan salt.
Optional for Garnish/Toppings:
- Iceberg Lettuce (Shredded), sour cream
- Prep the Vegetables by dicing them all into bite-size pieces or smaller.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat; brown 1 Pound of Grass-Fed Ground Beef or ground turkey. Add in ground Slim Jim to taste
- Brown, the meat, add in the Yellow onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and zucchini, then stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Next, add the cherry tomatoes and jalapeno pepper, then stir and cook for a couple of minutes before adding in the seasoning.
- To season the food, you could use chili powder, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, dried oregano, and a bit of Pink Himalayan Salt.
- Stir in the seasoning, and cook for about 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Shred the cheddar cheese and sprinkle on top of the skillet mixture and melt while the food is still hot.
- Optionally you can garnish the dish with a topping of Shredded Iceberg Lettuce, Green Onions, or even add things like Sour Cream on top to kick up the flavor to your liking.
This recipe is a success! The cheese, Slim Jim, and riced cauliflower give the dish so much flavor and texture. The interesting twist is to use Birds Eye Riced Cauliflower. The surprise is the Monster Slim Jim. I chose “Keto Cheesy Mexican Taco Skillet.” It is effortless and quick! And it tastes good too.
The cauliflowers gave the dish a smooth and flaky texture, lite. It wasn’t too chunky, and it was perfect! I added Birds Eye Riced Cauliflower to balance out the cheese and to give the dish a healthy balance. The second twist involved what’s in your pantry challenge? I had a Monster Slim Jim in my pantry, and so my mission was to create a dish that would compliment the Slim Jim.
I pulsed 1/2 of a Monster Slim Jim and added to the ground turkey as it browned. I didn’t think it would be tasty, but it was perfect. This challenge was all about using your creativity! To think outside that box! The recipe turned out well because all of the ingredients complemented one another.