Tofu & Mushroom Pasta
- Kosher salt
- Vegan pasta or brown rice pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 3/4 Cup Diced Onions
- 1/2 Can of diced tomatoes
- Sesame Oil to taste
- 1 Cup of fresh mushrooms or canned mushrooms
- Olive Oil to taste
- Onion Powder
- Morning Star Veggie Meal Starters, CHIK’N STRIPS
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Season the water with Kosher salt. Place the pasta in to the boiling water. Follow the directions on the package.
- Add sesame oil to the pan and sauté onions and garlic in a pan till the onions are caramelized. When the garlic is golden, add the mushrooms and stir well for 2 minutes.
- Next, add olive oil to taste, add diced tomatoes and stir for 2 minutes. Cook until the tomatoes are fragrant and saucy; then add 1/4 cup of wine. Let it reduce for 2 minutes!
- Add Chik’n strips stirring often, until the Tofu is blushed with tomato sauce and not opaque, about 1 minute.
- When the pasta is done add it a bowl. Add Morning Star Chik’n Strips and sauce to pasta.
- Garnish with walnuts.
- Toss and Plate!
Morningstar Farm’s Chik’n Strips comes very close to the real thing. How? The texture resembles that of chicken. Try cooking these with your favorite seasoning, or sauce! These strips will take on the taste of the favor that it is paired with! So, try them on a pizza, or in a barbeque sandwich. Be creative with these. You will find unique ideas on the Morning Star website!