Makes 5 servings:
- cup chickpeas, or ½ a 15 oz. can
- cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup oats
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 10 muffin liners
- 10 romaine lettuce leaves
- Toppings: 1 cucumber, 1 large tomato
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare blender.
- Open the can of chickpeas, rinse, and drain. Measure out 1 cup of chickpeas.
- Remove the leaves of both the parsley and cilantro; throw away stems and diced the leaves.
- Peel the garlic cloves and dice.
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT THE OLIVE OIL to a blender and blend until well combined but not mushy.
- Put ingredients in a bowl and add olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Divide mixture into muffin liners, place on baking tray and cook for 15-20 mins in preheated oven.
- Dice cucumber and tomato.
- Cool and serve on a piece of romaine lettuce with desired toppings.
- Garnish with pepper jack cheese.